Homebound Publications is pleased to launch Little Bound Books Imprint: Small Books, Big Impact.
There are three categories under which to submit your work to us:
- Manuscripts should be double-spaced and written in English following the Chicago Manual of Style. Manuscripts must be between under 180 double-spaced pages in length. (Up to roughly 50,000 words max).
- *No Poetry Collections.
Chapbooks/Novellas (Literary Fiction Only)
- Manuscripts should be double-spaced and written in English following the Chicago Manual of Style. Manuscripts must be between under 120 double-spaced pages in length. (Up to roughly 35,000 words max).
- *No Short Story Collections.
Little Bound Books Essay Series
The cornerstone of the imprint is the Little Bound Book Essay Series. Personal. Poignant. Powerful, this series is tiny in appearance at 4 x 6 in size and only 10,000 words in length; however, don’t be deceived by the small stature. The content for each personal essay in this series packs a punch to the heart (in the best sense). Think: Emerson’s On Nature or Self-Reliance; Thoreau’s Civil Disobedience, Barry Lopez’s Sliver of Sky, Annie Dillards’ Total Eclipse or James Baldwin’s Notes of a Native Son—it is this honesty, grit, and intelligence to which we aspire.
- Submissions must be between 9,000 - 10,000 words (not including front and back matter). *This is a firm length. You cannot fall under or go over.
- These little books will receive the same full-distribution, sales representation, and PR efforts of any standard size offering.
- Submissions can be previously published as long as you hold the current rights.
- Illustrations and black & white photography can be offered but must be of the highest-quality and aesthetic to be considered.
General Notes on Submissions
- While our titles are distributed worldwide, we currently only accept proposals from authors living in the United States or the United Kingdom.
- Simultaneous submissions are permitted; however, we ask to be notified promptly if your work is accepted elsewhere.
- Please include: the full manuscript, resume or CV, author bio, and a statement about your marketing philosophy.
- Response time is 3-5 months depending on backlog the wait may be up to 8 months.