Homebound Publications is pleased to launch Little Bound Books Imprint: Small Books, Big Impact.
The cornerstone of the imprint is the Little Bound Book Essay Series. Personal. Poignant. Powerful,
this series is tiny in appearance at 4 x 6 in size and only 8000 – 9000 words in length; however, don’t be deceived by the small stature. The content for each personal essay in this series packs a punch to the heart (in the best sense). Think: Emerson’s On Nature
; Thoreau’s Civil Disobedience
, Barry Lopez’s Sliver of Sky
, Annie Dillards’ Total Eclipse
or James Baldwin’s Notes of a Native Son—it is this honesty, grit, and intelligence to which we aspire.
Little Bound Books Chapbook (Fiction Only)
Little Bound Books Essay Series: Personal. Poignant. Powerful.
- Manuscripts should be double-spaced and written in English following the Chicago Manual of Style. Manuscripts must be between 40-80 double-spaced pages in length. (Up to roughly 15,000 words max).
Submissions must be between 8,000-9,000 words (not including front and back matter). *This is a firm length. You cannot fall under or go over. We do this because each book will be a uniform 78-80 pages long (with front and back matter).
These little books will receive the same full-distribution, sales representation, and PR efforts of any standard size offering.
Submissions can be previously published as long as you hold the current rights.
- Illustrations and black & white photography can be offered but must be of the highest-quality and aesthetic to be considered.
General Notes on Submissions
- While our titles are distributed worldwide, we currently only accept proposals from authors living in the United States or the United Kingdom.
- Simultaneous submissions are permitted; however, we ask to be notified promptly if your work is accepted elsewhere.
- Please include: the full manuscript, resume or CV, author bio, and a statement about your marketing philosophy.
- Response time is 3-5 months depending on backlog the wait may be up to 8 months.