Homebound Publications is pleased to launch Little Bound Books Imprint: Small Books, Big Impact.
Through this imprint, we intend to release literary works of both fiction and creative nonfiction that carry a punch. At just 5x7 for chapbooks and 4x6 for our essay series, Little Bound Book Offerings are the perfect size to throw in your bag or tuck in a pocket and take with you.
Authors representative of the work we seek would be: Barry Lopez, Joanna Macy, Gary Snyder, Ralph Waldo Emerson, David Abram, Mary Oliver, Rainer Maria Rilke, Annie Dillard, David Whyte, Cheryl Strayed, Jack Kerouac, Walt Whitman, and Henry David Thoreau.
Little Bound Books Chapbook (Both Fiction and Non-fiction Proposal Accepted)
Little Bound Books Essay Series: Personal. Poignant. Powerful.
- Manuscripts should be double-spaced and written in English following the Chicago Manual of Style. Manuscripts must be between 40-80 double-spaced pages in length. (Up to roughly 15,000 words max).
an exciting new endeavor by Homebound
Publications.As we expand
Little Bound Books, we have decided to release a series of small 4 x 6 books of
contained essays. Thus far, the Little Bound Books series has been solely
comprised of our chapbook offerings in a 5 x 7 size that are either fiction or
non-fiction with an impacting story. The personal essay series will be a new
edition to this growing offshoot of Homebound Publications.
must be between 8,000-9,000 words (not including front and back matter). *This is a firm length. You cannot fall
under or go over. We do this because each book will be an uniform 78-80 pages
long (with front and back matter).
content must be short but impactful. Think: Emerson’s “On Nature” or
"Self-Reliance," Thoreau’s “Civil Disobedience,” "Sliver of
Sky" or “Crossing Open Ground” by Barry Lopez, "Total Eclipse"
by Annie Dillard, "Notes of a Native Son" by James Baldwin…in other
words: the best of the best.
These little books
will receive the same full-distribution, sales representation, and PR efforts of any
standard size offering.
can be previously published as long as you hold the current rights.
and black & white photography can be offered but must be of the
highest-quality and aesthetic to be considered.
General Notes on Submissions
- While our titles are distributed worldwide, we currently only accept proposals from authors living in the United States or the United Kingdom.
- Simultaneous submissions are permitted; however, we ask to be notified promptly if your work is accepted elsewhere.
- Please include: the full manuscript, resume or CV, author bio, and a statement about your marketing philosophy.
- Response time is 3-5 months depending on backlog.