Homebound Publications is pleased to launch Little Bound Books Imprint: Small Books, Big Impact.
Reading Periods: Please be advised, the reading periods for all imprints are from January 1st to April 1st and August 1st – October 1st. If you submit your work to us outside of the reading window, it will be reviewed in the next period.
There are three categories under which to submit your work to us:
- Manuscripts should be double-spaced and written in English following the Chicago Manual of Style. Manuscripts must be between under 180 double-spaced pages in length. (Up to roughly 50,000 words max).
- *No Poetry Collections.
Chapbooks/Novellas (Literary Fiction Only)
- Manuscripts should be double-spaced and written in English following the Chicago Manual of Style. Manuscripts must be between under 140 double-spaced pages in length. (Up to roughly 40,000 words max).
- *No Short Story Collections.
Little Bound Books Essay Series
The cornerstone of the imprint is the Little Bound Book Essay Series. Personal. Poignant. Powerful, this series is tiny in appearance at 4 x 6 in size and only 20,000 words in length; however, don’t be deceived by the small stature. The content for each personal essay in this series packs a punch to the heart (in the best sense). Think: Emerson’s On Nature or Self-Reliance; Thoreau’s Civil Disobedience, Barry Lopez’s Sliver of Sky, Annie Dillards’ Total Eclipse or James Baldwin’s Notes of a Native Son—it is this honesty, grit, and intelligence to which we aspire.
- Submissions must be between 19,000 - 20,000 words (not including front and back matter). *This is a firm length. You cannot fall under or go over.
- These little books will receive the same full-distribution, sales representation, and PR efforts of any standard size offering.
- Submissions can be previously published as long as you hold the current rights.
- Illustrations and black & white photography can be offered but must be of the highest-quality and aesthetic to be considered.
General Notes on Submissions
- Simultaneous submissions are permitted; however, we ask to be notified promptly if your work is accepted elsewhere.
- Please include: the full manuscript, resume or CV, author bio, and a statement about your marketing philosophy.