At Homebound Publications, we publish books written by independent voices for independent minds. Our titles focus on a return to simplicity and balance connection to the earth and each other, and the search for meaning and authenticity. As an independent publisher we strive to ensure, “That the mainstream is not the only stream.”
Deadline for entries is January 1st, 2021. On March 1, 2021 we will announce one winner as well as and honorable mentions, (some or all of which may be offered publication). The winning manuscript will be published by Homebound Publications in 2022.
While there is no cash prize at this time, the winning author will be offered a publishing contract. The winning author/book will also receive a feature spread in Homebound Publication’s biannual magazine, The Wayfarer.
The winning manuscript will be published worldwide. Our books are distributed via IPG and are available through wholesalers such as Ingram and Baker & Taylor as well as retail outlets such as Amazon, B&N, Target and Indie Bookstores across the country.
Across all our imprints, we are deeply invested in reading and publishing diverse voices spanning across different religions, ethnicities, and marginalized communities. We strongly welcome submissions from of writers within the LGBTQIA community, writers living with a disability, writers living with refugee status, and Native American voices . . . to name a few. Writers from all backgrounds and communities should consider our press a safe space.
Entry Guidelines & Eligibility
- To enter, the manuscript must be previously unpublished.
- There is a $25.00 non-refundable reading fee.
- All entries will be considered for publication.
- Only authors who currently reside in the United States of America may enter.
- Manuscripts must be in English.
- A limited number of selections from the book may have appeared in print or online but the writer must hold sole rights to the work.
- Multiple entries by a single author are welcome but a separate entry forms and fees must be paid for each entry.
- Employees of Homebound Publications are not eligible.